Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Thursday, July 16, 2015

Author Interview -Molly Jebber


Anne: The interview today is with the author of the book I reviewed yesterday, Change of Heart. (If you'd like to read that review, click HERE.) I do want you to look at the picture of the girl on her book. Don't you think there's a resemblance? Molly Jebber is a sweet lady who loves God, family, and friends--and obviously, she also has a love of writing.

So, Molly, what started you on your writing journey? 

Molly: My childhood imaginary friends, Bugs and Debbie. As an only child before my brother was born, Bugs was my little companion who got the blame for all the things I did wrong, and Debbie got all the credit for the things I did good. Mom laughed at my imaginary friends. Dad was a little worried about me. They were relieved when Bugs and Debbie went by the wayside when my brother, Mitch was born! With my imagination, my friends and family encouraged me to write, and I’ve always wanted to.

Anne: Did some place you have traveled inspire anything in your writing?

Molly: I love visiting Amish towns and learning from them. They inspire me with their strong belief in God and focus on Him. I find their way of life fascinating. I enjoy shopping in their stores and seeing their handiwork. The quilts and other dry goods are beautiful.

Anne: What distracts you from writing the most?

Molly: My husband, Ed, suggesting we go to dinner or a movie. My daughter, Misty, or my friends wanting me to go to lunch for a good gab session, go to a movie, or to to the beach for some swimming. Eyeing a really good book on my nightstand and picking it up to read a few pages, and then not being able to put it down.

Anne: What kind of books do you enjoy reading? (Book recommendations welcome!)

Molly: Devotionals, Romances, and Mysteries – I loved Breathing on Her Own by Rebecca Waters.

Anne: Which character in your new release most interested you while you wrote? Why?

Molly: Becca – She’s kind, but she speaks her mind. She’s got a large birthmark on her hand, but she doesn’t let it define her. She loves God and appreciates her Amish upbringing, but she struggles with how to react when she’s faced with difficult people and harrowing situations.

Anne: Tell us about your next release.

Molly: Change of Heart is my first book in a keepsake pocket quilt series. Grace’s Forgiveness is the second book in the series. It's available for preorder and is scheduled for release in February of 2016. I’m writing the third book in the series now.

Also, An Amish Christmas Sleigh, an anthology with three stories from Kelly Long, Amy Lillard, and myself, is also available for preorder, scheduled to release in October this year. My story in the book is An Unexpected Christmas Blessing.

Thank you so much for having me here! I really appreciate it.

Anne: Thank you, Molly. It's been a pleasure meeting you!

No comments: