Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Saturday, May 30, 2015

Saturday Sermonette - Without a Doubt - You and I

So Jesus answered and said to them, “Assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but also if you say to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ it will be done.  Matthew 21:21, NKJV

If people who are highly educated can sincerely believe something that is totally untrue, how can I ever hope to be without a doubt about the Lord?

Somehow, I doubt anyone is without any doubts at all--highly educated or not!--about God. The Bible says we shouldn't doubt, and I would love for that to always be true in my life. Wouldn't you?

Not that I really want to go around moving mountains or killing fig trees, but if everyone I prayed for got healed--that would be cool. If my lost dear ones all instantly became found, wow!

So what should I do? Never pray? God forbid!

So--I pray with what faith I have, trusting that God knows best. Face it--not everyone should be healed.

My first step is always asking God what He wants with this situation. When I "feel" like He is saying "Go for it!" I pray for healing or for someone to get a particular job or for another's book to be published. When that hesitance shows up, I pray that God will do what is right for that person. That doesn't mean I'm always right--only God is always right.

All I can do is read the Bible to get to know God better, pray for wisdom, and only then pray in faith for whatever. Maybe God wants to call that person home. Perhaps the other guy needs to improve his/her skills for a different job. And the author possibly needs to work on writing skills before they're published.

Have you ever insisted God give you what you want and you wind up regretting you got it? Yup--God knew that, but you demanded your way, so you got what you asked for. Ouch!

Lord, please give me wisdom first. Show me what You want so that I can pray in accordance with You. Guide my prayers, Lord, and then I can shove my doubts out the door. Amen.

No comments: