Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Monday, April 13, 2015

Monday Morning Sermonette - Who's Responsible?

For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39, NKJV

A woman or man begins to drink or smoke marijuana or take meth--or any other thing that makes a person leave their senses behind. They get into their car and drive, hit another car, and kill the family inside.

So...who do we blame? Some people blame God. I cannot believe that's in God's nature. That attitude totally takes responsibility away from the temporarily crazy person who got high. Doesn't that mean we can do whatever we want, even though we know it's wrong, because that's what God intended for us to do?

This is what I do believe: that God can bring good out of even that IF WE LET HIM. It does take our cooperation, though. God created man and woman, not puppets, to be able to make decisions to do His will or not.

I believe He sets choices in front of us; we can chose whether to do right or wrong. And we can choose to hang onto grudges or to chose forgiveness. I have seen and felt what grudges can do, haven't you? I've been on the receiving end--and, unfortunately, I've been on the grudging end.

I can tell you for sure and certain, forgiving is a lot more pleasant than letting the anger fester until we do something foolish or destructive.

The Bible says not to let the sun go down on your anger (Ephesians 4:26). The day to forgive is today so that He can begin to work His healing in your life, so that He can begin to bring good from the bad things that happen.

Father, forgive me for holding grudges. Show me how ugly they are to you. Clean them from me. Help me when I have problems with it to give it back to You. Please bring Your good from the situations that seem so horrible. Thank You, Lord. Amen.

No comments: