Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Monday, April 6, 2015

Monday Morning Devo - After the Excitement


And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold. But he who endures to the end shall be saved. Matthew 24:12-13, NKJV

Jesus the Christ's resurrection had been the most exciting event in the history of humans. Nothing could top it--not Lazarus's coming out of his tomb, not the exodus, not even the virgin birth.

But now the work would start. Were the disciples ready for it?

Some of you know the excitement of finding Christ for the first time. In that moment and for days afterward, you feel like you could leap tall buildings, climb any mountain, swim any sea. It's energizing.

Not all of the jobs Jesus would have us do remain exciting. Sometimes it takes sheer drudgery and determination to push through to the end.

I'm a writer. Sounds exciting? Well, yeah, when I get to the end of a book or story, I'm usually a little excited. But sometimes the middle is just wrinkled forehead, idle fingers, and one more prayer that the next one hundred words will find their way to the paper and won't be drivel.

It's work. I hope and pray and write, wanting to say something that will take you one step closer to God, and something that you and God will like--no, that You and He will love!

Prayer: Father, help us persevere, to endure the drudgery to accomplish Your purposes. Help me remember,  as Pastor Warren wrote, it's not about me. It's about You. I love being a part of Your plan--remind me of that when I get stuck or when I get tired. Thank You, Lord!

No comments: