Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Saturday, January 10, 2015

Saturday Sermonette - Seeds, Part 2


So the servants of the owner came and said to him, ‘Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have tares?’ He said to them, ‘An enemy has done this.’ The servants said to him, ‘Do you want us then to go and gather them up?’ Matthew 13:27-28, NKJV

Tares (bearded darnel) were more than weeds, as some versions give for the tare seeds among the wheat seeds--tares produced poison in the seeds. The plants looks much like the wheat until the ears begin to appear. When it comes time for harvest, men walk through the field and pull up the tares first, bundling and burning the plants.

What kind of person would put poison in a person's flour? Obviously not a friend!

A friend of mine and I were talking about Jesus's death on the cross, that not many people have committed sins worthy of death--but some have. For instance I've never murdered anyone--neither had my friend--but the person said you don't have to take a life to kill someone's soul.

Oh, ouch. I might indeed have done that. So many times I've asked for forgiveness, but I probably will not know until I'm on the other side if the person I "killed" has been able to get past the harm I did her. I sowed some pretty awful tares in her life.

Father, please forgive me for the tares I've sown. Please, send a harvester to remove the tares and allow the good wheat to grow. Thank You, Lord. Amen.

2 comments: