Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Friday, November 28, 2014

Author Interview--Linda Yezak



Anne: This is an interview with one of the characters in The Cat Lady's Secret. (I reviewed this lovely book a couple of days ago--to see the review, click HERE.)

See that lady lurking in the background? That's Millie. An interesting character, to say the least. She's not the main person in the book, and she doesn't get to say a lot. Here is her chance.

Okay, Cat Lady, I'm pretty sure you're the culprit. How did you give Linda Yezak the idea for this story?

Millie: Linda is fond of eccentric personalities, and who is more eccentric than I am? All I had to do was tickle her ear with my idea, and the next thing you know–-she’s hooked. I’m persuasive that way.

Anne: Why do you love cats so much? Why not dogs or gerbils or parakeets?

Millie: I do love dogs, gerbils, and parakeets. I have a soft spot for all animals. But gerbils and parakeets aren’t likely to escape their cages and dogs already have more advocates than fleas. No, I help cats. They’re the ones who need the extra measure of love. And I’m happy to give it to them. I have the scratches up both arms to prove it.

Anne: You're always carrying a net around to catch the cats, but you never use it. What's so special about that net?

Millie: Oh, that was just to complete the look of eccentricity I was after. I got that long-handled fish net when I bought my purple polyester pants. The very idea it would be at a Goodwill instead of a sporting good store made me want it. I bet it had a story too. I’ve never used it to catch a cat. Wouldn’t want to. Cats go bonkers when netted–learned that on Animal Planet–so I just use the net to add to my appeal as a crazy cat lady.

Anne: You definitely succeeded with the crazy cat lady personna. So, is Emily's generosity patterned after a real person?

Millie: Yes . . . but no one can accuse me of not being able to keep a secret.

Anne: You're one tight-lipped ol' lady, Millie. Not to change the subject, but boy howdy, that Scott guy is pushy. Why can't he take "no" for an answer?

Millie: I hope you mean Paul, the journalist, because Scott’s the greatest thing ever for Emily. And what better partner for a cat lady like me than a vet?

But Paul . . . well, he was just doing his job. You noticed how his boss was pushing him? Whew! And over little ol’ me! And I didn’t make it easy for him, so I guess he had to get obnoxious about it. All’s forgiven now. I can’t stay mad at anyone for long.

Anne: I did mean Scott--he kept asking Emily out, and she kept saying no. But Paul probably had Scott beat hands down. Is it a secret what is next up Linda's sleeve?

Millie: Linda’s going back to the Circle-Bar Ranch to catch up with her first set of characters: Talon, Patricia, and the gang in Texas. She’s excited to be introducing a new character to her readers, Adele Cameron. Adele’s a stinker, she is; and not like me at all. It’ll be interesting to see what Linda’s readers think of her.

Anne: Yes, it will, and I hope Linda will let me be an influencer for that one too! Thanks for not hiding when I came looking for an interview, Millie, and I'll just bet folks will love The Cat Lady's Secret, maybe especially because of you!
~~~~~

Over twenty years ago, after a decade of life as a "single-again," author Linda Yezak rediscovered God's love and forgiveness when He allowed her a second chance at marital happiness. She is now living her greatest romance with her husband in a forest in East Texas. After such an amazing blessing, she chooses to trumpet God's gift of second chances in the books she writes. Linda's novels are heart-warming hallmarks of love, forgiveness, and new beginnings.

No comments: