Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Monday, October 13, 2014

Monday Morning Devo - It Just Doesn't Make Sense

For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. For it is written: “I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent." (1 Corinthians 1:18-19)

A long time ago, I sat and stared at the Bible, trying very hard to make sense of the words in it. A friend said it would all make sense after I asked Jesus into my life. Well, I had, but still a lot of stuff in there was just plain confusing.

I found out understanding comes by small steps, at least for me. Or small lamps, maybe. One small piece of scripture would suddenly make sense where it hadn't before. Or I would just accept some small chunk and bunches would suddenly come clear.

For instance, the idea of the Trinity--Father, Son, and Holy Ghost being One God. That really didn't make sense. Maybe it was the Gospel of John, the first chapter. After all these years, I don't remember for sure. John said the Word existed in the beginning, and everything that was made was made with Him. That the Word was One with God. Okay, so one day I just accepted that as truth--and suddenly other passages about the Trinity began to make sense.

There's a passage--Isaiah 28:10--For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept, line upon line, line upon line, here a little, there a little. (NKJV)

A sort of translation, or at least what it means to me--Study one idea after another, a line at a time, and little by little it will begin to make sense.

Or at least it will to those who honestly want to understand. Because if all you are looking for is something to make fun of the Christians with. In which case you will find lots, because it just won't make sense to you.

Prayer: Dear Lord, help us to understand things that seem too deep for us. You alone have the answers we seek. I love You. Thank you, Lord, for being our Flashlight.

No comments: