Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Saturday, September 20, 2014

Saturday Sermonette--To Everything a Season, Part 9


To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven:
A time to gain, and a time to lose. (Ecclesiastes 3:1, 6a NKJV)
Looking back over a lifetime, I can certainly see this. I have probably gained and lost, gained and lost, gained and lost...etc. about a million pounds. And probably that much money too.

 Most of us can think of more serious things we've gained and lost--kinfolk and friends, for instance. I guess I didn't think of it being seasonal before, but in a way it is.  Every time I moved from one town to another, I left behind friends, vowing to keep in touch. Over time, though, addresses and phone numbers changed and I didn't always keep up. Not proud of that.

But a time to gain came back--I have found some of them again! (Thanks to Facebook and Linked-In, mostly.) And I've also gained many, many new friends!

And a time to lose again--dear friends and kin who travel on to the other side of the veil. Some I will see again; but sadly, some I will not.

I hope you will be among the ones I see there, and it will again be a time to gain! If you don't know how to get to the upper side of the veil, ask me. I would love to tell you!

2 comments:

cerita dewasa said...

I like this, nice and hopefully useful .. I am waiting for the next article

Anne Baxter Campbell said...

Thank you so much! May God bless your day!