Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Saturday, August 23, 2014

Saturday Sermonette--To Everything a Season, Part 5


To everything there is a season, A time for every purpose under heaven:
A time to break down, And a time to build up; (Ecclesiastes 3:1, 3b, NKJV)


Several years ago I was privileged to watch a dam being demolished in Arizona--the old Waddell Dam north of Phoenix. Amazing. First they used a diamond saw (a HUGE one) to make vertical cuts. It took several days. When everything was ready, explosives set at critical joints brought the dam down in place--or part of it. Enough to let boats through during times of low water. The rest remains in place--history and memories intact.

The new dam was higher, wider--and safer. More water for irrigation. Also for recreation (fishing and boating), but principally for real needs. A side benefit would be power generation during releases for irrigation. Oh--and protection from the floods that can be so swift and deadly. It had to be built, for several reasons.

A time to build.

Sometimes, we're like that. Parts of me--attitudes, preconceived notions, activities--that I cling to are crumbling. Things I thought were established and firm aren't. Something new has to be built. Something bigger and better and more productive.

So Lord--have Your way in my life. Tear down that part of my life that doesn't do what You want. Build up in me what You find desirable, because I know it will be bigger and better than what I can imagine. Thank You, Lord.

No comments: