Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Saturday, August 2, 2014

Saturday Sermonette--To Everything a Season: Part 2



To everything there is a season, A time for every purpose under heaven:
A time to be born, And a time to die. (Ecclesiastes 3:1-2a)

In my book, there is nothing quite so miraculous as the birth of a baby. This tiny individual began as a single cell, smaller than you can see with the naked eye. In about a month, that one cell develops head and heart and is about a quarter of an inch
long. How does that itty-bitty cell know what goes where? And, by the end of the nine months in the uterus, this beautiful small human emerges to begin its trip through what we call life. (There's a cool website to look at for this process: http://www.ehd.org/movies-index.php)

I was born a loooong time ago. In the olden days, according to my daughter. Pre-dirt, my sons said. There have been a lot of remarkable milestones along the way. Births, deaths, disappoints, joys, hurts, and healings. Every event shaped who I am now.

And now I approach with increasing speed the year when I will die. Where several years ago I ignored that ultimate fact, I now look forward to the event. Not to the dying process--that would be a little too macabre--but to "the next adventure," as one of my end-of-life friends called it. I look forward with such eagerness to kneeling at Jesus's feet and giving Him the few jewels I accumulated for my crown. (At least I hope I have a couple two or three.) What a joy that will be!

We all have seasons in our lives--challenges to overcome, difficulties to get past. One of the things I hang onto when going through a difficult time is "this too shall pass." That is what I will tell myself when the end is in sight but painful to get to. Also that the ending joy will be worth every ounce of difficulty in getting there!

No comments: