Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Monday, August 4, 2014

Monday Morning Devo--The Kindom of Heaven Is Like (Part 3)


Another parable He spoke to them: “The kingdom of heaven is like leaven, which a woman took and hid in three measures of meal till it was all leavened.” (Matthew 13:33, NKJV)

I had to think about this one for a time. Often the Bible talks about leavening in a bad way--that one bad leader can lead a lot of folks astray, giving them bad doctrine and having that bad doctrine spread.

In this case, though, the leaven is compared to heaven. It sounds to me like it this leavening has to be good news.

Back in the days when I used to make my own bread all the time, I'd put this little bit of yeast into flour, water, powdered milk, salt, etc., and before long I'd have a bunch of loaves of lovely, tasty bread. My loaves were tall and long.

The Jews would make much smaller loaves, round and flatter, but just as tasty. They saved a little of the dough back--they couldn't go buy yeast at the store--but that little ball of saved dough would do the same thing. Put it into another batch of water and flour, a little honey, and bap, before long the whole batch was one big leavened dough ball.

So--if we put good doctrine, God's Word, out into the world, before long all the world will know about that Word. The more folks know about the Word, the more will go to heaven.

There. I did my theological best with this. Any comments? Further thoughts? Debates?



No comments: