Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Monday, July 14, 2014

Monday Morning Devo--Beyond the Tomb, Part 11


I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s Day, and I heard behind me a loud voice, as of a trumpet, saying, “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last,” and, “What you see, write in a book and send it to the seven churches which are in Asia: to Ephesus, to Smyrna, to Pergamos, to Thyatira, to Sardis, to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea.” Then I turned to see the voice that spoke with me. And having turned I saw seven golden lampstands, and in the midst of the seven lampstands One like the Son of Man, clothed with a garment down to the feet and girded about the chest with a golden band. (Revelation 1:10-13, NKJV)

This posting will be the last of this series on the Biblical appearances of Jesus after He rose from the tomb where He was placed after His crucifixion. For me, this series has been joy-filled. Even more than the crucifixion, the resurrection defines the Christian life. Jesus not only died for us, He rose again. Without that resurrection, would it have made any difference that He died? He showed us that He had power over the power of death.

The reason I chose to tell the stories of when He appeared to others after His death and resurrection is to show He cared enough to provide reassurance to the believers. He knew there would be doubters, even among those who believed in Him. But you have to know, folks, when He shows Himself to someone, they stay showed.

I want to open up this discussion. I know I'm not the only one who has seen Jesus. I have talked to several, personally. Have you? Would you be willing to tell us about it?

Jesus, thank You for that one time. It was a huge blessing, a tremendous faith-builder, and so very humbling at the same time. Amen.

No comments: