Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Saturday, May 10, 2014

Saturday Sermonette--New Every Morning

I remember my affliction and my wandering, the bitterness and the gall. I well remember them, and my soul is downcast within me. Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. Lamentations 3:19-23, NIV

There's not a lot of Lamentations (written by Jeremiah, Old Testament of the Bible) that stirs me, but this passage does. Maybe because I remember my wanderings, the afflictions I endured because of them, and how bitter I felt. Defensive maybe would be a better word. Deserted by God, sometimes.

If God seems to be missing from your life, there are two observations you need:
(1) It wasn't God who left the building
(2) Even if you can't feel or see Him, He's still there. He's waiting for you to quit demanding center stage and let Him into the middle of you. When you do--

It will be, again, be New Every Morning!

There are some who will argue you can only be born again one time, at the time you ask Jesus into your life. And they would be right--but then, there are also times when you begin again with God, and it's almost as special as that first time.

And when you do...

Then once more your life becomes New Every Morning.

No comments: