Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Book Review--40 DAY DEVOTIONAL CHALLENGE by Kathi Macias



I'm not anywhere near finished with this devotional--I'm reading each's day's idea on each day. Call me OCD, but that's how I roll. However, I don't think I want to wait another 30 days to let you know how good this devo is. Don't get me wrong. It isn't labeled date-wise, just numerically--Day 1, Day 2, etc.

I believe it's really important for a Christian to read the Bible, first and foremost. It's like God has written us a love letter, but it sits layered in dust on the top shelf of the closet. What's wrong with this picture?

I like to also read devotionals. Sometimes they put new light on old scriptures and apply them to my own life. This 40 Day Devotional Challenge is like that, and it includes a place for thoughts, inspirations, and answers at the end of each day's devo.

I especially like one I read on Day 11. It's about names: names that hurt, and names that bless, and the Name of Jesus. I really related to the last sentence for that day. "For names truly do matter--especially the Name above all names, the Name of Yeshua/Jesus."

The 40 Day Devotional Challenge is available in ebook format from Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Thank you, Kathi, for yet another inspirational book!

No comments: