Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Monday, November 25, 2013

Monday Morning Devo--Parable of the Rich Man

And He [Jesus] spoke a parable unto them, saying, "The ground of a certain rich man brought forth plentifully: And he thought within himself, saying, What shall I do, because I have no room to store my crops? And he said, This will I do: I will pull down my barns, and build greater; and there will I store all my crops and my goods. And I will say to my soul, Soul, you have many goods laid up for many years; take your ease, eat, drink, and be merry. But God said unto him, You fool, this night your soul shall be required of you: then whose shall those things be, which you have prepared? So is he that lays up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God." Luke 12:16-21 KJV 2000

Further on in this chapter it says that wherever your treasure is, there will your heart be also (verse 34). Are you rich toward God? What does He consider valuable?

Not your money, unless you use it for Him.

Not your muscles, unless you use them for Him.

Not your great beauty, unless it glows with His light from the inside.

Not your talent for cooking, writing, drawing, designing, housework, managing, singing, or whatever, unless you use it for Him!

Sometimes it's easy to determine how to use your talent or coins for Him, sometimes not so clear. How can you use yours can be determined by...are you ready for this?...asking Him. Yes, He will answer. Probably not in an audible voice, but listen. The answer might come through the news (like donating toward helping the Filipinos), from a friend (for instance someone needing a ride to the doctor), or from circumstances (suppose you are invited to sing in church).

Then you will find out what it means to be rich toward God.

Prayer: Beloved Father, show us where You want us to help. We stand ready to hear Your call and become rich toward You. Thank You, Lord!

No comments: