Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Saturday, October 12, 2013

Saturday Sermonette--By Their Fruits


For a couple of days this week, I picked, cleaned, juiced, and jellied six batches of pomegranate fruit. In the process, I noticed that fruit that might be scarred and ugly on the outside still yielded good juice. In addition, some that looked luscious and perfect on the outside had some rotten spots on the inside.

It occurred to me that we're a bit like that. We judge the fruit by the exterior. I expected while observing the beautiful, perfectly formed red pomegranate, that I would find good fruit inside. Not so, in some cases.

Don't we do that? We take a look at someone, and if their appearance pleases us we think they're wonderful people.

And then I thought, on seeing a scarred and marred black-streaked fruit that I might just as well throw it away without even checking the interior. I'm glad I didn't--some beautiful sweet red juice inside that rough exterior went into the jelly.

You get the resemblances, don't you? Or do I need to draw you a picture?







1 comment:

Unknown said...

I get it. I worked as a therapist for over a decade and I can tell you some of the most well put together people were some of the worst in character.