Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Monday, October 21, 2013

Monday Morning Devo--Parable of the Lost Sheep

"What do you think? If any man has a hundred sheep, and one of them has gone astray, does he not leave the ninety-nine on the mountains and go and search for the one that is straying? If it turns out that he finds it, truly I say to you, he rejoices over it more than over the ninety-nine which have not gone astray." Matthew 18:12-13 New ASB

Usually sheep like to stay with other sheep, but occasionally one will get lost. My husband used to have sheep on his ranch, and he says he had to go chase of lot of them down. He really relates to Jesus talking about going after the lost one.

I've never herded sheep, but I know about getting lost. One time I went hunting, and got lost. It's a scary, scary feeling. I followed my tracks backwards through the knee-deep snow, thinking sooner or later I'd come across my own prints back to the pickup. Great logic, except what I found instead was my own prints where I turned around and followed them back in one a large circle! I was on an endless loop and exhausted.

I sacrificed my pride and blew the whistle I had around my neck. Soon I was oh, so glad to get found!

I got a little lost too, after becoming a Christian, following the wrong path yet again. However, it wasn't long until Jesus pulled me back to His side, and once again, I was oh, so glad to be found.

If you are feeling a little lost and wish you could find the right way to go, this prayer's for you:

Lord Jesus, You sought and found me not once, but twice. Thank You for seeking me out and keeping me. I praise Your wonderful Name for being the good shepherd! Lord, as You found me when I went the wrong way, please seek the readers of this post, too, to guide them back to You. Place their feet on the right path, Your path, back to wholeness and joy. Thank You, Lord.

No comments: