Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Monday, September 16, 2013

Monday Morning Devo--Parable of the Growing Seed

He [Jesus] also said, “This is what the kingdom of God is like. A man scatters seed on the ground. Night and day, whether he sleeps or gets up, the seed sprouts and grows, though he does not know how. All by itself the soil produces grain—first the stalk, then the head, then the full kernel in the head. As soon as the grain is ripe, he puts the sickle to it, because the harvest has come.” Mark 4:26-29

Scattered seeds--I can remember a few of them that God scattered in my life.

When I was a youngster, someone told me Jesus died for the sins of the world, and I knew He was my ticket to heaven. I had a Savior.

As a young woman on my own with a small child to feed, house, and care for, we never lacked for the essentials. Yes, I had to work--but God provided, even before I gave Him my life.

He saved my daughter and me from being killed in an explosion, for which I felt so very grateful to Him.

He called me--me, personally. He provided a woman to lead me to Him. And once He had a hold on me, He held on for dear life--mine.

Small seeds that are still growing into maturity. I'm not sure those seeds will be one hundred percent mature until I get to heaven, but with a little help from the Son (pun intended) I'll keep producing a kernal of corn here and there.

Prayer: Dear Father, please keep tending the soil and shining the Son in my life. Otherwise, my faith will die. Thank You for planting and tending the seeds. In Jesus's loving Name, Amen.

2 comments:

Stacy Harp said...

Amen and I liked your pun. You made me LOL.

Anne Baxter Campbell said...

Hi Stacy! Glad you liked it. :)