Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Saturday, June 1, 2013

Saturday Sermonette - He Is Who He Is

When you pray, do you tend to try to get God to do your will? If I have to be honest, I have to admit I'm guilty.

There's a popular song on the Christian stations now, Even If by Kutless. The song asks if we will still praise Him even if we don't get what we want.

We often pray for healing for friends, family, and ourselves. I do believe God heals--and if that doesn't sound positive enough, I'll tell you I know He heals. I've seen miraculous healings. But I also know that it's more often that He either heals through the natural process or through doctors--both take more time than we'd wish.

And sometimes, He says "No." The loved one (or self) prayed for gets no better or even dies. I don't understand how He decides this one is healed and that one is not.

If I were God, I'd probably heal everyone. It's a good thing I'm not, then, isn't it? The world would be way worse overpopulated than it now is. My Mom would still be here instead of living healthy and whole in Heaven. My Dad, my grandparents, my aunts and uncles, dozens of friends...well, the list goes on.

God is God, and only God is good. Only He knows what is best, and it doesn't even come anywhere close to my opinion of what is best.

When I don't know how to pray because my needs and wants are too emotional for words, He still understands. It's hard sometimes to continue to praise when I am hurting or angry or sick.

I don't mean I praise Him for being sick--but I can still praise Him for what and who He is and what He has done. He is who He is, not who I try to make Him be. It's hard--but I still know He is God, and He is good.

No comments: