Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Saturday, April 20, 2013

Saturday Sermonette - His Strength in Our Weakness

"My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness." A part of Second Corinthians 12:9.

The book I reviewed yesterday, Invisible by Ginny Yttrup, set me to thinking. (If you want to read the review, click HERE.) The people in the book all had weaknesses--pretty major ones. Three of them had weaknesses that were life threatening. And yet--God met them in their weaknesses and gave them such blessings that they would never have received had they been strong.

True to life--at least mine. It seems the times I draw closest to God are the times when I fail. When my weaknesses again raise their ugly heads and I want to yield to them, it drives me to my knees. I can't resist on my own, you see, so I seek the help of He Who knows my weaknesses and loves me enough to help me back up.

It doesn't matter how far I go or where, He's there. When I'm afraid, when I'm confused, when I'm weak, He's always there. Thank goodness!

Thanks, Lord.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I can so relate! So thankful God is there, always no matter what. And if we fail.. he never fails us!

Anne Baxter Campbell said...

So true, Amy. I am constantly amazed at his faithfulness!
~Anne