Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Monday, March 11, 2013

Monday Morning Devo - Blessed Are the Pure in Heart

Matthew 5:8 "Blessed are the pure of heart, for they shall see God."

The pure of heart--has there ever been anyone pure of heart other than a newborn baby? Unsullied, spotless, without fault, clean? I mean, other than Jesus? Will anyone ever be worthy of seeing God?

Not if they have to be, on their own, pure of heart. Sorry, folks, ain't none of us perfect. I wonder if when Jesus gave this Sermon on the Mount He looked at the hearts of the people listening to Him, yearning to be purer than they were then. How many of them thought as He spoke, "I have no chance to ever see God." Did any tears of regret flow?

Praise be to the One God of this world, there is a way. Jesus took our sullied lives, our spots, our faults, our less-than-clean ways with Him to the cross. So, you see, God looks at us through His perfect Son.

Prayer: Thank You, Lord, that even though our hearts lack Your purity, You can wash us clean. All we have to do is ask, so Lord I'm asking. I give myself to You, heart, body, and soul; and I ask that You wash me clean. Thank You, Lord.

No comments: