Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Saturday, February 16, 2013

Saturday Sermonette - One Split Second

A few times in my life I've been reminded of the fragility of this human shell.

In my early 20s, my daughter, her babysitter, and I were badly burned in an explosion--but it could have been so much worse. You see, a split second before, my daughter laid her face down against my shoulder. Lana had turned to look back into her house. All of us had our faces protected from the blast. None of us died.

A few years later, I set my 1 1/2-year-old baby down beside me and reached into the trunk to get out his stroller. I heard his big brother (age 4) holler, "Mom!" He had dashed after his little brother and was desperately trying to keep him from toddling out into the path of a car zooming around the corner. I had a split second to grab them both and pull them to safety.

And again a few years. On my bike, hurrying to a meeting. A car pulled out of a driveway and hit me. I had taken my eyes off the road for one split second.

You could probably name a few times, yourself.

How do you know the day you will die? You don't. Are you ready to face God? Will you give Him excuses for your mess-ups, or will you be able to say, "Jesus paid the price for me?"

I hope so. This could be the day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great reminder and thankfully yes I'm ready, just not rushing the moment. Hugs. Susan Fryman