Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Saturday, February 9, 2013

Saturday Sermonette - Exceptions

They say there's an exception to every rule. Do you think that's true? I mean, sometimes a judge will let one law-breaker go in order to catch someone worse. They do that all the time, right?

How about in God's world? I make a promise to God to follow Him, but I only follow some things. Other things--like cussing out stupid drivers--I can keep on doing that, right? I mean, it's not like they can hear me.

Or paying my taxes. It's okay if I don't report all my income, isn't it? People who pay me under the table sure aren't going to claim they paid me. The Government has enough without my piddly little donation.

And the beggars at the corners. Surely God didn't mean I should take care of them. There are too many, and helping just one wouldn't be much help at all.

There must be other exceptions, too. So I guess what it boils down to is that I'll only follow Jesus on the things that aren't too hard or too much of a change from what I already do.

Is this an acceptable attitude? What do you think God would say?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well said. I've not always done things above board, but have felt God's hand leading me to do so. I lead a much more peaceful life because of this. Blessings, Susan Fryman

Anne Baxter Campbell said...

I know what your mean, Susan. I write these little sermons because I need them. If they bless others that's good, too!
My aim is always to bring people one step closer to the path God would have them on. He gives so much to us, and He longs to be so much closer to us.
~Anne