Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Saturday, February 2, 2013

Saturday Sermonette - Eavesdropping

Several years ago (too many to remember details) I heard or read someone say you should let your kids overhear you bragging on them. The picture that immediately popped into my head? The time I heard my Mom agreeing with a teacher about what a wonderful kid I was. And the time my dad was ready to do battle with someone who said I was a lousy waitress. Never mind that the someone was correct.

I can't remember how many times I've heard parents complain about their kids right in front of them. Dark looks and sometimes tears came from the kids.

Think about it, parents. How would you feel if someone you loved cut you down in front of others? How much would you want to do for someone who ripped you up loud enough for the world to hear?

Kids have ears. They also have hearts that can hurt and spirits that will carry your words all through their lives.

Oh--by the way? As long as we're on the subject--are you listening? Spouses work the same way. Let them hear you bragging on them, too. It will work wonders for your marriages.

No comments: