Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Monday, February 25, 2013

Monday Morning Devo - Blessed Are Those Who Hunger

Matthew 5:6: "Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled." (KJV)

Or this version that for me hits it exactly: "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for God's approval. They will be satisfied."

Righteousness--right standing with God. Basking in His approval. That's where I hunger and thirst to be. "Like a deer pants after water" I long to be in God's family, gazing into His loving eyes. I long for Him as though in a "dry and thirsty land where no water is."

Do you ever feel that way? Do you long for Him in your life? Do you want to make your life one approvable by the Lord of Lords? How much?

If you are truly hungry and thirsty for Him, you will be filled.

It's a promise.

Prayer: Blessed Lord, please guide me so that my feet know which path is Yours. Grant me courage to say no to those who would direct me to the wrong path. Help me stay firm in Your way. I want deeply to earn your approval. Thank You, King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

No comments: