Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Monday, December 31, 2012

Monday Morning Devo: The Love Chapter:11

1 Corinthians 13:11 "When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things." (KJV)

or

"When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child. But when I grew up, I put away childish things." (NLT)

There are many Bible translations and versions, so if neither of these renditions is to your liking, dig out your own. To me, any you use mean basically the same thing. The thoughts of a child are not the same as an adult. A small child is usually more "me" centered, but if we mature our thoughts become more generous, more giving, more responsible, more God-oriented--or in other words, more like an adult.

Notice, I said IF we mature. Immature adults remain "me" centered. They probably will  remain that way until they deliberately choose to become one of the adult community. They will never receive the respect they want to get through force or bravado or intelligence.

The first real step I took toward maturity was made when I became a parent. Realizing I had a child to provide for made me take steps to assure she was fed, housed, and clothed as well as loved. The next biggest step was when I became a Christian and began sharing that love of God with my daughter.

It's time to put away childish things, my friends. Choose God and adulthood.

Prayer: Lord, please help me make adult decisions, to choose to follow you and not myself or others who will not lead me closer to you and to becoming mature. For Jesus sake and for His glory, amen and thank You.

No comments: