Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Saturday, November 3, 2012

Saturday Sermonette - The Presence of God

Have you ever experienced that--that glowing, growing, indescribable presence-of-the-Lord feeling?

The one where you are almost afraid to open your eyes because you know He's right there?

Although I sorta feel God's presence all the time, there have only been a very few times when the overwhelming breath-stealing sensation has occurred in my life. How do you tell somone how to get to that place so that they, too, can experience that wonderful awareness of God?

And once they actually do experience it, how do you teach them not to rely on that sensation to prove to themselves God is still there?

And if they have not yet experienced it and I tell them I have, how do I teach them God loves them every bit as much as He loves me?

I can't explain it. Or maybe I can, sort of. When I was a child and Mom or Dad would hug me close, I felt safe, loved, warm, and fuzzy. I also saw them hugging my brother, my grandmothers, my aunts, or each other, I didn't feel any less loved. Or even if I saw them chewing out my brother (or me) for doing something wrong, I didn't think he or I were less loved.

But not everyone had a great set of parents. Some not even one. How do I explain it then?

I guess I'll have to leave it to God. He knows best when it's needed and by whom.  We just have to be open to it. Give Him a chance to show you how much He loves you. Talk to Him about your heart, your concerns, your joys, your needs. Just talk to Him.

He's waiting.

No comments: