Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Monday, September 10, 2012

Monday Morning Devo - He Restores My Soul

Psalms 23:3a "He restores my soul..."

How often I have needed this one small phrase. Every time I strayed from His path, my soul became dry, lackluster, and malnourished. Sometimes I've forgotten how refreshing it is to dwell in His presence.


You know that verse in Psalms 42:1 where it talks about a thirsty deer panting for water, or the one in 63:1 where David talks about his flesh longing for God in a dry and thirsty land where no water is? Ever felt like that?

Have you ever been so thirsty you think you could drink a well full of water? That's how I feel sometimes, only it isn't water I need, it's refreshing at a great church service with lots of worship. It's time spent on my knees, figuratively or literally, with the Lord of the Universe. It's an hour reading the Psalms or Luke. It's a Bible study on Sunday mornings before church.

It's then that He restores my soul.

Prayer: Thank You, Lord of the Universe, for remembering me as I search for You, as I drink in Your Spirit, as I feast upon Your words. I love You, heart and soul and body and mind. Thank You. Amen.

2 comments:

Deborah H. Bateman said...

Thanks for sharing this post. I think God wants us to hunger and thirst for Him. He wants us to spend time with Him so He put a longing in our hearts to be with Him. Blessings, Deborah H. Bateman-Author

Anne Baxter Campbell said...

Agreed, Deborah. People who really love Him long to be closer and closer! Sort of like being in love, isn't it?
Blessings ~ Anne