Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Monday, September 17, 2012

Monday Morning Devo - He Leads Me

Psalm 23:3b - He leads me in the paths of righteousness for His Name's sake.

The first part of this is often quoted and the last part ignored or downplayed. It brings glory to Him when we walk in His Way. When we walk in a different direction, we cast a shadow on Him.

Years ago, I did something terrible to another woman. I'm not going to tell you what it was, just let it be said it that a moment's selfish stupidity cast an ugly shadow over God and the church I was then attending. The woman blamed me, Christians, and the church. She was correct to blame me; however, wrong or not, it may have forever tainted her belief in God.

You know that verse  in Matthew 18:6 where Jesus says it would be better to tie a millstone around your neck and go jump in a lake than to offend one of His little ones? I offended someone so bad she might never become a Christian. I know He's forgiven me, but the remembrance of what I've done feels like a millstone around my heart. I will always and forever wish I had been walking in His way.

Prayer: I want more than anything, Lord, to bring honor to You. I don't want to walk in my own way and cause hurt to others, to steer others away from you. Lead me on Your path, Lord, for Your Name's sake. Ame

No comments: