Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Saturday, December 17, 2011

Just Thinking: Who Are We Promoting?

Hello. My name is Anne, and I'm a writer. If that sounds a little like the beginning of an addict's confession, I have to admit it's true. I'm addicted to writing. I love to write. I'd rather write than eat, although those of you who know me realize I'm not missing many meals. As a matter of fact, I'd rather write while munching.

Most writers know you have to promote your books or writings. Lately I've come to wonder a few things.

One: I'm a Christian, first and foremost. So why am I promoting myself? Shouldn't I be promoting the Lord?

Second: I often publish book reviews of Christian fiction and nonfiction, and I also publish interviews on this blog, in essence promoting other Christians. Shouldn't I be promoting Jesus? How about if I start reviewing His Book, the Bible?

Third: I can't think of a third. Can you tell me what it should be?

No comments: