Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Friday, November 25, 2011

Just Thinking: Why Share?

Why share? First, why NOT share? I can give you a bunch of excuses, if you like. Or even if you don't like. Let's do it in the ten top reasons why not to share your testimony in that time-honored method, starting with number ten:

10. I don't have time.
9. Mine's no different from anyone else's.
8. I've given it so many times people are tired of hearing it.
7. I don't know what to say.
6. I've never done that before.
5. I don't feel comfortable sharing my testimony.
4. I'm waiting for God's timing.
3. My spouse gets embarrassed.
2. My children get embarrassed.
1. I get embarrassed.

Soooo--which one would you like to use? No charge.

Tell me, do you see a common thread with all those reasons?

Right. They're all about "me."

But think! Your testimony might save someone's life. Not just this earthly life, but the eternal life. Now, I'd be the first to admit, it ain't easy laying your old self out there for everyone to see. But it's not about you.

It's about the Lord who brought you out of the self-destructive "stuff."

It's about the God who can triumph even in the worst situation--IF you let Him.

It's about Jesus the Christ who heals, delivers, comforts, lifts, holds, calls, welcomes, sends, demands, chastises....forgives.

Do you have a true story about what He has done for you? If not, have you LET him help you? If not, did you just take what He's done for granted? If not, come back on Testimony Tuesday and read someone who has a story.

If you do have of of these stories, would you please share it with me? Send me an email at anneb1944@aol.com, subject line "Testimony Tuesday." If you want to keep your name off the testimony, all you need to do is tell me. I'll make up a name, and it will be the first name only, so folks will only know if you are male or female. Like John or Jane.

And those of you who are spammers, forget it. Don't ask me for money, don't try to sell me anything. It won't work. I move every last one of those messages to the Report Spam box.

No comments: